04 April 2009

Every rule has an exception

It seems that when I have time to update this, I don't have anything to say. When I have things to say, I don't have time. Well, this post is an exception those rules: I have no time (in general), but also nothing to say! How lame am I?

Okay, so here's my life: I get up at 6 AM, eat breakfast, get ready to go to work. I leave at 6:30, catch my bus about about 6:45, read and/or sleep until we get to downtown, catch another bus and get to work about 8:15. I then play with dry ice, liquid nitrogen, blood, fat, and tumors until 4:15, when I rush to catch the TRAX, taking me to downtown so I can catch my bus back to Provo. I am generally home by about 6 PM. That's it, people. Nothing here to see.
I am getting more comfortable with what to do and how to do it in my job, though. I consult protocols and ask stupid questions less often, so that's nice. Oh, and I read a lot. If anyone has suggestions for books, I'll gladly take them. Right now I'm on Emma, for book club, but once I'm done with it... I'll need to find something else.

Kyler registers for his last semester tomorrow at midnight. Okay, it's really April 6th at midnight, but that's tomorrow night, right? He's hoping for an amazing schedule, nice and compact and probably relatively light. Crazy to think he'll be done less than 9 months. Then it'll be off to grad school, who knows where.
Oh, man, he needs to register for the GRE. Slacker.

We really are thinking about moving, but we're running into some problems, first of which being we don't know if we want to live in SLC, Provorem, or somewhere in between. The second problem is that Wymout requires 60 day notice (read, if we want to move in June, we tell them NOW), but most apartments won't know for sure they have vacancies until about a month before. So, do we put in our notice now and hope and pray for an opening somewhere else, or do we wait to have a sure thing on another apartment, and possibly have to pay two rents for about a month? Sigh.

Life is good, really. We have no complaints. We're happy and healthy (well, mostly....), and we both have good jobs, at least for what we want right now. It's just easier to write about the hard stuff! More entertaining.

In less than 3 weeks (jeez, guys, sorry for a little mistake!), family of all kinds will be here for graduation! I can't wait. We are so going to Thai Ruby on Thursday night or something. Yum!

5 comments:

Debra/Mom said...

I have to wait three MONTHS to see you? I am NOT waiting I will be there in LESS than three weeks. So there :P Whether you like it or not.

Anonymous said...

I was totally going to mention the three month thing too. I was pretty certain I was going to be there in fewer than three weeks. At least, that's what my plane tickets say.

Amy said...

I feel you on the every day work slump. So much habit. Nice you get home by 6 though. I just read a book called "Hang A Thousand Trees with Ribbons." Really good historical novel about a slave girl who gets spoiled by her owners. I highly recommend it. I'm also reading "The Last Lecture" by the guy at Carnegie Mellon who just died of cancer and wrote it for his young kids to give them life advice. It's been pretty thought provoking so far, too.

Anonymous said...

Thanks! Now I can look forward to the Thai Ruby in just a few weeks (not months!) ;)

Anonymous said...

Emma is such a funny book! I love it. I am reading Jane Eyre. I can't decide if I recomend it or not. It boasts a great vocabulary and the protagonist is moral yet human. I still cant figure out what it is about though and I am almost finished! There are so many plots but I suppose that is what life is like. I am going to have to check out Amy's recomendations.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...