07 September 2015

Random to and fro

I've already posted about our recent Oregon trip... several times. But there is still one more: the random one, that doesn't fit into any other categories. So, that's what this is.
Silly girls on the top bunk bed!
I guess I could make one about the time Mom, Kyler, and I took 5 kids 6 and under to the zoo.
Train on the way to the train!
But I don't want to make it a separate post, so here it is.
For Jill's birthday, she and Cliff went on a little date while the rest of us headed to the zoo.
In matching outfits, of course.
The girls got to see every animal the asked for, so they were pretty happy.
The boys got to tag along, look cute, and see polar bears and penguins, too.
So that made them happy as well.
It was the discount day at the zoo, so it was crazy busy. The matching outfits actually came in handy.
Just look for three yellow skirts and the two strollers... and we've got everybody!
It was fun, exhausting, and only involved a couple of trips to the bathroom, so success!



Netflix in the US has Fantasia on it, so Calista watched parts of it nearly every day while we did her hair.
Which, of course, culminated in dancing.



The thing about my parents' house I am most jealous of is the backyard.
Kiddos loved it, too.
And, of course, playing with Aunt Loradona!
I am so sad I didn't get Craig's first attempt on camera... he learned quickly to wait to move around. The first time, he tried to walk as soon as he was put down and fell flat on his face... twice! Hahaha.
There are so many fun things to do in the yard, like watch the Blue Angels practicing
Or garden with Grandpa
Or just use all the space to RUUUNNN around! Crazy cousins.




We got to hang out with Steph and her husband Rob and their daughter Molly at Burgerville (yum!) while we were there on their last day before they headed to Japan!
And I think this is the only picture I took. Oh well. The girls had a blast, the adults had fun and ate yummy food, and Steph got to eat onion rings and milkshakes before being diagnosed with gestational diabetes... Yay?



We went to the library a couple of times.
Once just to read...
And once to play!
As long as the spurts didn't get too high, Craig has happy. He does not approve of water in his face.
Calista, on the other hand, was my brave little duck, letting the water just roll off her.
Yay for fountains!

...which we went to a couple of different ones...
...on a couple of different days. (Silly girl!)

In summertime, it's just what you do!
...even if, again, Craig isn't sure he wants to get wet.
At least he liked the swing with Aunt Loradona!



The May kiddos got to spend lots of time with my Grandma, but even Calista and Craig got to enjoy her company, too.
My favorite was the night she came over for dinner and sat at the "kids' table." The girls loved it!



And I loved seeing the cousins play together. So hilarious, all the time.
Sometimes 4- and 2-year-olds are craaazy.




Towards the end of our trip, we spent a day downtown, and obviously hit up Powell's.
This was my favorite picture I got there.



And, of course, we have the actual to a fro, you know, the road trip part.
My kids are honestly really good at travelling, considering they are 4 and 2ish.
We do make sure to let them take breaks, of course.
Their best entertainment is always each other. Seriously, I love them together. (Mostly...)
Fun new toys also help.
As do funny places to explore at the hotel!

Yay for vacations!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...