31 January 2016

Baby volcano

In case you missed it, we are expecting an addition to our family soon. As such, we've been preparing.
Calista is thrilled. She routinely asks me to pull out my baby book (my Embryology textbook) and wants to know which picture the baby is now. She gets so excited when the baby gets to move up to the next picture in size. It's adorable. Even more adorable is that she will sometimes ask me if she can hug the baby, which of course I answer in the affirmative, and then Calista gives my tummy a big hug.
Craig had no idea really what is happening, but he absolutely adores babies. He will go up to the babies (usually in carseats) at Calista's preschool while we wait for her, and Craig will smile at the babies, talk to them, try to give them their pacifiers if they fall out, etc.
Both he and Calista have also been playing a Momma/Daddy/Baby game a lot lately, where they have one or two babies that they are taking care of. They both do a great job.
Sometimes during the game, Calista hides a stuffed animal under her shirt and then says "My tummy hurts! I think my baby is trying to get out!" and sure enough, not too much later, she has a "baby" in her arms!

Kyler and I are preparing, too, but in slightly less adorable ways. We do stuff like go to the midwife, test carseat placement in our car, and go to ultrasounds.
Here is Baby Rasmussen #3! This was at the 20-week anatomy scan, which also means, yes, we found out the gender. Would you like to wager a guess...?

How about we just let Calista, Craig, and a volcano tell you, hmm?
Yay for babies and volcanoes!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...