24 October 2017

Craig is four!

My middle child has turned four! His birthday was on a Sunday, so we celebrated mostly on his birthday, and a little on the next day.

Craig's birthday started with pancakes. I asked him what he wanted for all his meals and cake a week earlier, and he told me he wanted "pancakes without chocolate chips." So when I used up all the chocolate chips making the frosting for his cake, I wasn't concerned. But while I was making pancakes Sunday morning, however... You guessed it, he told me he wanted pancakes with chocolate chips. But we have no chocolate chips, and the birthday boy is in tears. So I'm improvised and made homemade chocolate syrup using the recipe on the cocoa container. Plus added some sprinkles.
Thankfully, everyone approved.

After breakfast, we headed to church. Craig was super excited to tell everyone that it was his birthday - "TODAY!" One lady helping in primary said she had never seen a kid so excited for it to be their birthday. Well, that's Craig for you.

Finally it was time for presents. Craig had told me he wanted Star Wars Legos months ago, so I bought them months ago.
Thankfully he was still excited for them, even if my fingers got tired of putting them all together. He also loved the PAW Patrol stuff my mom bought him. Zuma was a necessary addition to the bath that night, obviously.

Because there was a bath that night for kiddos. Because there was first cake!
Craig wanted vanilla cake with chocolate frosting, and while we were making it, I asked if he wanted the cake inside to be any fun colors, since I have the food coloring, after all.


The next day, for Craig's birthday/FHE, we went to West Ed and did some mini golf. Kiddos figured out the gist of it by the end, and we had fun.
Cactus arms and babies stealing your golf ball and all.
Craig especially loved to celebrate.
So, let's celebrate him being four!
Happy Birthday, Craig!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...