26 June 2022

Caleb Year Six Retrospective

Since Caleb is now six, it's time to look back on this last year!

In the last year, Caleb finished up preschool 
and started kindergarten. 
(Mask and all, at the start!)
This transition hasn't always been easy. 
Kindergarten is exhausting, but even more than that, he is a child who struggles with working through his big emotions and is still struggling potty training, making attending school interesting. 
Still, he's learned and grown a lot this year, 
and I'm very proud of him. 


Because life has still been all about Covid this last year... 
Caleb got his vaccines! 
He told the nurse all about cowpox and smallpox. She was impressed and said he should teach all the kids about vaccines.




Caleb absolutely adores spending time with Calista and Craig.
He's always loved being with Calista, 
but Craig went up in his esteem quite a bit this year.
I think mostly because they can play video games together.




We've spent time in 
Waterton and Jasper, 
at museums 
and the zoo. 
Grammie and Grandpa came to visit
So he got to see them for the first time in a few years
which Caleb definitely enjoyed.






He also enjoyed many family trips to the swimming pool
He loves to swim and splash around!




Caleb loves to try new activities, like gymnastics class
and soccer. Kyler is Caleb's coach, which he loves. 
Caleb also has fun at soccer, though not always playing.
He is highly entertaining to other parents, who find his silliness and spinning amusing. Caleb is rather funny if you're not dealing with him 100% of the time...
Actually, no, Caleb is actually fun a lot of the time. His imagination is great. He told me that, "I want a cheese sandwich cut in half. And I want to pretend the two halves are boats and I am a sea monster, and I eat them! Om nom nom." 
He also said that his greatest fear is aliens invading the earth, and his second greatest fear is zombies. Obviously.
He loves to tell silly, nonsensical jokes. 
And sometimes sensical ones, too, like:
"What if your ears could see and your eyes could hear? That would be ear-itating. Get it?"
Okay, semi-sensical. 




Caleb wants to be a DJ/drummer 
and likes to do things that are "Rock and roll!"




One of Caleb's favorite things to do, when he's not being a rock star, is to cuddle
He often says things to me like, "Mom, you're special to me."
And my heart melts, every single time.
I love this boy!


Favorite food: cheese, and my second most favorite is goldfish and cheese sandwich
Favorite color: yellow
Best part of being 5: seeing the butterflies at my kindergarten class fly away
Looking forward to while being 6: building a giant horse statue fort
Wisdom you've learned this last year: that God loves us 
Favorite activity: build a blanket fort
Advice you'd give your 5-year-old self: that he loves Mom. And I'll still love you when I'm six.
What would you change about the world? I'd become a teenager. Maybe I'd change my school day so I could follow Calista and Craig and stuff.


June 2021


July 2021


August 2021


September 2021


October 2021


November 2021


December 2021


January 2022

February 2022


March 2022

April 2022


May 2022

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...