One year ago... Calista couldn't walk, could only say a handful of words, and still was not sleeping straight through the night without nursing. I am pleased to report what a difference a year has made! She is fantastic at sleeping (most of the time) and goes to bed/nap without a fuss (though we are still nursing right before bed/nap 1-2 times a day. If you are going to even think about judging me on that or telling me it's "gross" to nurse a 2-year-old, you can shut up now), she can tell you about her black pants or insist that she has socks, shoes and we GO!, and she can walk, run, jump, dance, spin, and fall over with the best of them.
A list of her likes and dislikes...
- DVDs - she loves to pull these out of the cupboard, and sometimes even put them back. And sometimes we let her watch them.
- Wooden train set
- The cat
- Two trout
- Orange blanket
- Green quilt
- (yes, she will look for and insist on all of these at bed)
- (or maybe these are just the ones she likes to say the best)
- Peanut butter
- "Cake" - which to her, is any special treat
- Lions (that roar!)
- Going - it almost doesn't matter where, as long as we go.
- Going to the zoo
- Watching alphabet/numbers/colors/shapes/etc videos on youtube
- Jumping on the trampoline at her cousins' houses
- Spice World
- Bride and Prejudice
- Pride and Prejudice
- The Avengers
- Green bell peppers
The year in pictures:
And, for the true gluttons for punishments, a (hopefully) complete list of all the words Calista can say at 2 years old. It appears to be about 180 words, give or take.