12 November 2009

Zoo: applications, primary and the Zoo all qualify for the word.

So, Jeanettie's getting sick, so she decided to stay home from work. After all, we wouldn't want to get my co-workers (or the cancer patients) sick, and I want to not be ill anymore myself. Since I'm relaxing and drinking lots of water, dozing a little, and watching Gilmore Girls, it's a decent enough time to attempt to update the blog.

Last week:
  1. Kyler took the GRE psych subject test. He thinks it went all right, but we'll have to see.
  2. I ran the primary kids through a relay race for the primary activity. Surprisingly, most of the chitlins were afraid to pick up the baby dolls and sing a lullaby to them. Too bad for them.
  3. Kyler, Liz, and I went to the zoo! Kyler took about a million pictures of everything, and sometimes even included people in said pictures.
  4. It was the primary program on Sunday. Everything went well. The first counselor and I got to chase after a particularly fun 6-year-old during rehearsal... in heels. Everything else went great though, I passed out and collected sunbeams successfully, so what else do we need?
Coming attractions include:
  1. Kyler is finishing his grad school applications. We will hear about interviews in January.
  2. Kyler got travel and work permissions! Yay! We can officially head to Canada for Christmas.
  3. The Olympics are still coming up, though we have no place to stay (we've contacted the Bishop of the Vancouver 1st Ward, so here's hoping) and we realized Kyler may or may not have grad school interviews. They may be over a long weekend in February... hopefully not that weekend in February. If it is, anyone want to come with me?
And now, for the pictures!
The first things we saw when we got to the zoo were the tiger cubs... triplet boy babies! They were adorable!
Here's one of them! Fuzzy and cute, all sleeping together.



And here is their pretty mommy. Not fuzzy, but sleek and shiny. And she could totally knock me out with a whap of her paw if she wanted to.



While we're talking about kittens, here's the snow leopard and her kitten. Cute, cute, cute.



Kyler took this picture. That is all I will say.



Baby giraffe! She's, like, 7 feet tall. I'm a midget.



We decided we couldn't not get a picture of the cougar! The mascot of Kyler's "alma mater," he said. Not yet, kid. Not for another month.



Do you live in Cougar Country?



Kyler and a zebra!



The zebra was kind of scruffy. That's against the Honor Code...



The baby elephant!



Look how little she is compared to mommy! And mommy wasn't that big of an elephant, honestly.



The penguin is preaching to his followers. The one in front does not agree with the him, apparently.



I'm kissing the camel. Thankfully, he didn't spit at me.



And, another baby! A white, adorable, hilarious as it was bouncing around trying to get in trouble, baby monkey!

The Jeanette-geek-out section:
Giraffe anatomy! This is an explanation of why all the blood doesn't rush to their heads, causing them to pass out, when they change their altitude drastically. Cool, huh?



With an elephant femur! It's the size of, like, my entire leg.



And an elephant skull! I love anatomy.

The playing with statues/signs section:
Hear no evil



See no evil



Speak no evil



Riding the rhino. Do not try this at home. We are experts, with years of experience that keep us safe.



Secrets, secrets. It's not very nice to keep secrets.



I think Kyler is going to lose this fight, but don't tell him that!


Kyler wishing he had the wingspan of an adult male orangutan.



I actually was pretty close to an adult female orangutan, though I am on my knees to make it work.



Liz, the adult female gorilla.



With the elephant! It made weird trumpet-y noises, and occasionally played "Baby Elephant Walk."

And, that is all the photographic pain I shall subject you to at this time. Consider yourself lucky.

1 comment:

Debra/Mom said...

You already know that if Kyler can't come to the Olympics, I raised my hand first.
I LOVED your pictures! You and Liz look adorable. I love her new hair cut, and I love your braids. Oh, and Kyler is cute too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...