16 April 2010

Believe me, I felt it!

Wow, two posts in two days? What's going on?

Sad, no game tomorrow. Next week, same time and place, but not tomorrow... at least we can get the car's struts taken care of without too many problems now.

Also, earthquake yesterday! I actually felt it! I was sitting on the couch with my feet up on the coffee table (I probably shouldn't do that, huh, Mom?) when the coffee table shook a little, but I wasn't moving it! Our apartment complex groaned a little, so to speak, and I turned to Kyler and asked, "Did you feel that?"
He answered affirmatively.
Me: "Was that an..."
Kyler: "Earthquake. Yes."

In other news, my boss told me to enjoy my life and not have kids yet. This kind of made me shake my head for a number of reasons: first, it's not like I've mentioned to her I'm planning on trying or anything. She has no idea my plans on the subject; I could never want to have kids! Second, what business of it is hers when Kyler and I decide to start having kids? It's our decision and I don't intend to consult really anyone except Kyler... not even my mother, much less my boss! Third, isn't that just a little bit awkward in general? I felt like it was.

Kyler and I went to a sports bar and had tasty poutine and watched hockey. How Canadian, eh?
Life is sometimes exciting.

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Oh I SOOOOO feel your pain on the baby part of that! People are ALWAYS asking me why we don't have kids yet, and I wonder - do I just have a sign on my face or something that says "I enjoy awkward questions!" People in Mormon culture assume that once you've been married for more than 3 weeks, you need to be "replenishing" the earth ASAP. drives me NUTS. I usually just say something awkward like "we're just practicing!", or "we don't know how." heh. :) makes them shut up REALLY fast. :) Glad there's still at least ONE other LDS, 2+ years married couple out there who isn't auditioning for the next "19 and Counting" reality show.

Unknown said...

I love free advice--it's always worth the price.

I'm surprised, though. People here in TX are always telling me to start having babies--Mormon or not (the advisers, not the babies).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...