05 August 2010

Kind of like Popcorn, but way deadlier

Happy August, everyone! August means:
  • Kyler and I will celebrate our 3rd anniversary! And, for the first time ever, we have real plans. We're going to stay the night at a bed and breakfast in Salt Lake and eat tasty dinner and have fun.
  • It's been nearly a month since my mother came to visit, and I haven't posted about it yet. Ooops.
  • My soccer games start again. I'm both looking forward to and dreading them. I love to play, but it was kind of nice to have relaxing Saturdays that didn't require us to go anywhere if we didn't want to.
  • We moved and have officially had the keys to our new apartment for one week. Our new place has central air conditioning, but it appears are cell phones are incredibly stupid anywhere are the premises.
Sorry, I don't have pictures of the new place or all of the ones from when Mom visited, but I do have a few:
View of the temple from the top of the church office building, I think. Mom and I went all over Temple Square, touring where we could (and, uh, where we couldn't) and feeling all tourist-y. It was fun.


Utah State Capitol building, also from the top of the Church Office Building.


Mom and I at the top of the church office building.


Mom and I also had a sewing lesson. I bought a sewing machine a few months ago, so we attempted to make use of it. The results as follows:
I made the skirt (with Mom's help). What do you think? Justify my vanity and flatter me, please.

Also, yesterday morning, I looked out the window and what did I see?
Lightning flashing near the apricot tree.
Summer has brought me such a nice surprise:
Lightning flashing right before my eyes....
Seriously, it was so loud. It invaded my dreams before it finally woke me up. (In the dream, the lightning was somehow and indicator for the number of children you were going to have. Katrina and I decided Liz was going to have seven children, including a set of triplets.)
I loved the fact that it was stormy and raining, even if tons of people at work were glaring at the windows all day... I was happy!

1 comment:

Loradona said...

Adorable skirt, dahling. And, hey, what do you mean about going places you weren't supposed to be? I think that needs an explanation/story.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...