13 November 2010

When the dream becomes reality

The other day, I had a dream...

Dream World:
All the details are a bit fuzzy now, but I had seen all my friends and family members, everyone I loved, brutally killed right before me (think Hunger Games), and it was all my fault. They had been killed to show me a lesson or something. So, I'm kneeling on the ground, weeping at the sight of their lifeless bodies. Sobbing and sobbing until I can't even breathe anymore and I start to gasp for breath in between each heave.

Real World:
I wake up terrified, partially because I haven't shaken the feeling of the dream yet, and partially because the reason I woke up is that, like in the dream, I'm gasping for breath. Kyler wakes up, too, and asks if I'm okay. After a few seconds, I calm down enough to kind of mumble something that assures him I'm still breathing. I don't remember this part, but Kyler informed me that not only am I gasping, but tears are also streaming down my face.

Needless to say, it took a while for me to fully break out of that dream and back into reality. And it still kind of freaks me out.

Interestingly, my sobs and gasps also made it into Kyler's dreams before he woke up: he dreamed he was watching a woman die and gasp for breath. How sinister our dreams were that night.

1 comment:

Debra/Mom said...

Wow! I'm glad that it was just a dream. We are all okay and we love you. Go back to sleep. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...