16 July 2011

Bullwinkle would make a good baby

The other day, I was in an elevator at work when a patient asked me when I was due.
Me: "In about two weeks." (July 28th, in case anyone forgot).
Patient: "I hope you don't give birth to a moose!"
Me: "Uh, yeah, I hope not."
Patient: "My niece just had a baby, and it was over eight pounds!"
Me: "Well, I was 9 pounds, 8 ounces when I was born."
Patient: looks me up and down and gestures with her finger, "Yeah, but you look like your body could handle it!"
Me: "Maybe, we'll see!" and I got off the elevator, thank goodness.

I'm not all offended, because it's too much effort, but I'm kind of thinking that somehow, telling me I could handle giving birth to a moose is a bit of an insult. Are you calling me fat?

2 comments:

Amy said...

This makes me laugh. I hear people generally lose all sense of tact and appropriateness when talking to pregnant strangers... P.S. BELLY SHOTS?!?!

Taran said...

Seeing as how our family just went through this lack of tact..."please dont have a baby in the grocery store"..... it is nice to hear that it is a universal sin of the human race.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...