22 February 2012

Drool... chocolate...

Today is Ash Wednesday, which marks the beginning of Lent. While I'm not Catholic, the idea of fasting from something, and trying to increase my spirituality while I do so, is intriguing to me. So, this year, I am fasting from chocolate. That's right: my goal, from Ash Wednesday (today) until Holy Thursday (April 5, the day before Good Friday), is to not eat chocolate. Wish me luck.
And, in typical Fat Tuesday fashion, last night, Kyler and I made this.
Happy Lent, everyone.

2 comments:

Katherine said...

I usually participate in Lent, also. Since you are giving up chocolate, may I suggest the film 'Chocolat' this evening?

Anonymous said...

We're doing a sweets fast for Lent, too--although mine is just because my sugar consumption is kind of out of hand, and Lent is a good time for it, since lots of others are giving things up, too. (We had brownies, ice cream, and Reese's cups last night.)

I love you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...