11 May 2012

Splish, splash, it's a really big bath

About a week ago, one of my friends invited me to join her and her sister-in-law while they took their babes swimming. As a result, Calista has officially had her first visit to a swimming pool.

In the changing room, she got a little upset, mostly because I put her down in a strange place on a strange surface so that I could change. That's why she has the pacifier. Plus, it floats!
It didn't take long for her to warm up to the water, so to speak. It was so quick, in fact, that it was difficult to get a picture of me and her together.
She just wanted to take off and explore.
There are so many things to look and and much more water than in the bath at home!
So, we finally compromised on this picture, before I let her have her fun.

She had a lot of fun, and so did I. I let her explore on her own while keeping a close eye on her, and she only crawled too deep once. She swallowed a little water inadvertently and got a little freaked out, but I held her and comforted her and she survived... although she did stay much closer to me (as in, in my lap) for a little while.

I think this summer we will have to take her to bigger pools and see how she does. And, of course, the beach! Yay!

1 comment:

Wodin said...

I love her little swimsuit! It is delightful! And you both look like you're having fun. I can't wait to see you in June... and July!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...