14 August 2013

The end is near

It's officially been a week since my "baby" girl nursed before bed (although she's still nursing before her nap, except on Sundays, but it's only a matter of time before that's done, too). Part of me is relieved: I'm 7.5 months pregnant, and 2 years old is old enough to not be a baby any more.
But part of me is sitting here crying as I think about it.*  I will never get these moments back. She still loves to cuddle with me and spend time with me, but the day will come when she doesn't want to crawl up in my lap to read a book, or grab my arm and put it around her and say, "hold, please," or let me hold her and sing to her before bed. The day will come when she refuses me and wants to be a Big Girl, the day will come that she is a Big Girl, capable and strong. I look forward to watching her learn and grow and mature. But part of me wants to hold her in my arms, my baby girl, forever.




*Which made Calista look up at me and say "c'ying!," come up to sit next to me, give me a hug, and then feed me goldfish. I love this girl.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Jeanette, I know how you feel I still love my baby girl. Tears come to my eyes when I think of how much I miss you.
I love you SOOO much.
Mom

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...