24 November 2015

Thirty brings the party!

A couple of weeks ago, I had a birthday. I turned 30, which on the one hand feels like any other number, and on the other hand, feels a little surreal. That's basically life, though, right?
But really, the point of this post was to mention some things that my family did for me, because they are cute.

A couple of days before my birthday, Calista starting counting down for me. "Is it the next day? The next next day?" So almost as soon as she woke up on my birthday and I confirmed it was indeed this day, she excitedly told me "happy birthday," and also made me a giraffe for my present.
What a thoughtful girl.

Kyler felt bad that he had to be gone all day (and in the evening after dinner, too) on my birthday, so he ordered a pizza to be delivered to our house for lunch. Which was yummy, and the kiddos loved, too. He told me he considered sending flowers instead, but thought the pizza would be more appreciated. Ha, I love him.

Kyler also bought me some fun presents, including a doughnut pan and The Guardians of the Galaxy soundtrack. And while I love them, I think the person who has been appreciating the latter the most has been Calista. Because dancing.
She turned off all the lights except a lantern (we'd had a short loss of power earlier in the day) so she could dance in the dark.

Yeah, that was basically my thirtieth birthday. Well, plus some Vietnamese food and cupcakes. Because food and family is how I like to celebrate.

1 comment:

Wodin said...

That video killed me. Seriously, I might have teared up from the laughter. I also love that she sorta knows the words, sorta not.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...