09 July 2017

Caleb Year One Retrospective

(One month late. I am a slacker mother)

Obviously, Caleb has grown a lot in the last year. He's changed from my so-excited-to-enter-this-world,-he-had-to-come-8-days-early-and-beat-our-midwife-to-the-hospital newborn to my so-excited-to-be-on-the-go-he-hardly-ever-stops-moving baby.





As just mentioned, Caleb is on the move. He loves to crawl, climb the stairs, and walk along the furniture. Going down the stairs is a bit tougher, and sometimes he gets stuck and needs to be rescued. Other times, if he sees you coming, he will quickly crawl up the stairs away from you, giggling as you chase him.
Caleb also drives Kyler crazy with how wiggly he is during diaper changes. You have to pin him down to keep him from rolling over and attempting to crawl away. Such is life with a one-year-old, I think.




Caleb absolutely adores Calista and Craig, and the feeling is mutual.

Most of the time, I love seeing them interact while they play or in the car.
Calista and Craig call him "Cutie Caleb" or "Curious Caleb," like Curious George, because he is always so curious, they say. They're right.
Caleb loves to use his newfound freedom to move to explore and discover.
And destroy and make messes, too.
But he's so cute, you can't really get mad at him.



Snot bubble!
Popped it!


Because, seriously, Caleb is adorable. With the blond curly hair and dimples, everyone who sees him can't help but smile and fall in love with him. And, of course, Caleb smiles right back.
Even at himself
He loves to grin at everyone and everything, though he is a little more difficult to make laugh.
But when he does, it is so worth hearing those giggles!





Despite the work needed to make him giggle, Caleb is still very vocal. He babbles and shrieks and occasionally cries. Soon, I'm sure he'll make sounds that are decipherable as real words. Well, other than "mama" for everything.







I've said before, and I'll say it again: I love this age of my children when it comes to feeding them.
Caleb will eat everything you put in front him, and like just about all of it. Unless it's too spicy. Poor kid has been on the receiving end of some Kyler-spiced food.
His favorites, though, include cheese, goldfish, broccoli, watermelon, pasta, and any treats he manages to steal from me.
I'm pretty sure pilfered chocolate tastes better than the regular kind.








Caleb loves to move, but he also loves to cuddle.
And I love to cuddle him... most of the time.
Sometimes he has difficulty sleeping without being held,
Or in my bed...
so I wouldn't mind if that improved, but regardless, I treasure the cuddles that I get from my little man.



Thanks for the last year, Caleb!




Likes

  • Balloons
  • Food
  • Nursing
  • Calista and Craig
  • Smiling
  • People
  • Wiggling


Dislikes

  • Spicy food
  • Sleeping through the night
  • Loud noises
  • Being put down




June 2016


July 2016


August 2016


September 2016


October 2016


November 2016


December 2016


January 2017


February 2017


March 2017


April 2017


May 2017

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...