20 July 2021

Caleb Year Five Retrospective

Caleb is five!  Let's dance!
Favorite color: yellow, and orange, and blue, and green
Best part of being 4: um, me eating goldfish and bananas.
Looking forward to for 5: um, I'm looking forward to getting to my new school, like kindergarten, and Craig helping me find my class, since he knows the way, I think. 
Wisdom you've learned this last year: um, love. 
Those are words to live by: Love. ❤️

This fifth year for Caleb has had its ups and downs. Some of them were universal: a global pandemic changed what everything looked like, 
including preschool, church (or lack thereof), and even outdoor play. Some challenges were more unique to Caleb: struggling to potty train, 
being mad if it was time to turn off Paw Patrol, sleeping in his own bed, 
and just the general struggles of being the youngest... 

Still, there was a lot of good, fun things. 


We went on our Tour of Alberta. 
Caleb loved the dinosaurs and playing by the water most of all, I think.

We also spent a few days in Calgary and Banff this spring, too. 
Caleb especially liked throwing rocks into lakes and streams, 
even if he did fall into one of the streams...


Caleb loves to play with Duplos. 
He will go into the playroom and spend hours building his little world. 

I babysat a friend's kid a couple of days a week for a bit. Caleb mostly loved him, and took it upon himself to be the "Xavier-saver." 
Other times, Caleb got annoyed that Xavier destroyed his Duplos or something. Kid is definitely not used to being an older sibling. Haha.


Caleb is obviously very influenced by his siblings. There was a while that he liked to pretend he was Dobby, from Harry Potter/video game, complete with always needing to wear socks. I just hope that influence continues to be good!

Caleb's best friend is Calista, 
although he and Craig get along well, too, 
and he has made some friends at preschool. 


Speaking of preschool, Caleb has done very well this year, in spite of the changing Covid rules. 
He absolutely loves to go, and asks me often if it's "a preschool day today"? I think he'll do well in kindergarten come September.

Caleb knows the whole alphabet and enjoys pointing out letters on my keyboard. He absolutely loves sending Kyler messages through the computer, painstakingly typing out, "c a l e b" one letter at a time. Even more, Caleb loves when Kyler replies, "Hi Caleb!"


Playing outside is one of Caleb favorite things. Sledding and eating snow, 
jumping in puddles, 
going to the park 
and on walks, 
trying to catch bubbles... 
It is all good and all fun. Hopefully this coming year he can get more confident on his bike and we can go on some small bike rides as a family.


Whenever Caleb hears the song, "I Am A Child of God," he excitedly says, "Did you know this song is about me?" Yes, Caleb, it definitely is about you.


Caleb is such a blessing in my life, and I am grateful for his loving, playful spirit. Thanks for being a part of our family, dude!

Likes
Pizza
Cheese sandwiches
Paw patrol
"I Am A Child of God"

Dislikes
Being told "no"
Pooping in the toilet
Having his Duplos taken apart

June 2020

July 2020

August 2020

September 2020

October 2020

November 2020

December 2020

January 2021

February 2021

March 2021

April 2021
May 2021

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...