26 September 2022

Worry and Hope

To most people, this photo means nothing. Or, it inspires awe or jealousy. Possibly wonder about why Caleb got such a present on the first Sunday in September: it's not his birthday and it's a pretty expensive "just because" gift. Then one might notice the sticky notes, labelled 1-7, attached to the Lego set and confusion might set in. 
But for me, this photo brings hope. Caleb earned this massive, expensive Lego set at six years, 3 months old exactly, for keeping his underwear clean and every poop in the toilet for a week. 7 sticky notes, 7 days. He did it. For the first time ever, he did it.

Before school started, I asked what his plan was for Grade 1. It's all day: he can't just come home and poop in the afternoon. I was really, really worried. Caleb told me his plan was "Not to worry, Mom. Just don't worry." Which, to be honest, didn't seem like a good plan to me.
But maybe I'm the one who was wrong and he was correct.
Maybe his name on the temple prayer roll by my parents, maybe my fervent, pleading prayers every day before school started and on his first few days, maybe something happened for us to have a little miracle. Maybe I just didn't need to worry.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...