17 February 2009

Voices calling me from everywhere...

Well, things are looking a little better, for a number of reasons.
First, this last weekend was very nice and relaxing. Kyler and I went slinky-ing for Valentine's Day, and while we were wandering around campus, we discovered there are now pool tables near the bowling alley, and use is free with a student ID! So, we took a break from slinky-ing for Kyler to kick my trash in pool. At least, kind of. Neither of us is very good. Sunday was chill, and Monday Kyler and I went up to Salt Lake, wandered around a little, and then came back home.
Second, the reason we went to Salt Lake in the first place: I had a job interview. It's not the ideal job (doesn't require a Bachelor's, though they don't mind), but it is at a good company and maybe I could work my way up a little. Also, I got an email yesterday about a laboratory technician job I applied for at monster.com, and they want to set up an interview. And, another piece of news for the second reason things are looking up: I just got called for a job interview at the dental research place in Provo. Here's to hoping something works out!
Third, we definitely have money to pay rent in March, even without a job! One more month of survival we have assured. Yay!

In other news, if I get a job Kyler and I are thinking about moving this summer. We're getting kicked out of Wymount within a couple of days of Christmas in December, and it might be more convienent to move on our own time. Where I get a job may affect where we move: if I get a job in SLC, we could move there and Kyler commutes, we could stay in Provo and I commute, or we could move somewhere like Sandy and I take TRAX and Kyler the car in our commutes. If I get the job in Provo, on the other hand, I'm thinking staying in the general area would be best.
Oh, to have a dishwasher... we're really going for that.

And, uh, just for another interesting thing: I can't talk very well right now. My voice is... my mom said I sounded like Minnie Mouse, Kyler said I could easily sing tenor if I wanted. Take your pick, it hurts to talk. Yay for job interviews in which I can't talk?

Currently listening to Weezer "Island In The Sun"

6 comments:

Cami said...

Congrats on all the job interviews!! It's about time, right? Is the dental research company by chance called CRA? I used to work there! I did typesetting for their newsletter for about a year. They were making some big changes around the company when I left, so I'm not really sure what it's like now, but it would be a great place to work doing research.

Genavee said...

Good luck with all the job interviews. I would suggest bribery, but giving people money so that they will give you money seems a little counter productive.

More importantly, good luck with the dishwasher. Bribery and other villainous means are perfectly acceptable in getting one of those magical machines.

Unknown said...

Yay, congrats and best of luck! I love you soooooo much.

Anonymous said...

Go Jeanettie! You can do it! (You totally can hear me say that, can't you?)
I love you, and I have faith in you and your abilities.

Jill May said...

Good luck, Jeanette! You will be just fine. Keep us updated!

Hope said...

Jeanette,
Good luck on the job search. There is really not much worse then a job search. Even when all physically possible mannerisms scream, “I am your slave! I will do whatever you want!” they still don’t always hire. It is quite possibly worse to the self-esteem then watching a swimsuit contest. But Jeanette you are super smart and way hard working, I know you will find a job. Keep up the hope!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...