29 June 2009

Cowboys and Abandonment

That's right, folks, Kyler has abandoned me. He has left me husband-less and car-less... for a few more days at least. He's visiting his family in Canada for Canada Day, and I couldn't be more jealous. Plus, I miss him terribly. It means I have free time, though, so I can blog? So could Kyler: he has a ton of extra time, but he's just chilling with it. Convincing that boy to blog is a very difficult task indeed.

June has felt crazy. It kind of needs to slow down a little bit, so I can breath.In the last post, I talked about moving and Liz's wedding. The next week I got dreadfully sick (couldn't keep a meal down for four days kind of sick), but just in the nick of time, got better (or, well enough) to head up to Idaho for a quick family reunion. It rained... in Idaho... in June... while we were in a tent... but we survived on the whole. And we got to go horseback riding! One of my cousins (okay, my dad's cousin's kid) brought his horses and let us go! Fun.Leading the horse to be saddled. Later, I brushed and helped put the saddle on and everything! Yay.


Kyler on the horse, Sammy. He nearly fell off when Sammy decided to take a little jump over a log than just walk over it. Kyler survived, though, so it's all in good fun.


Here I am, on Cindy. My cousin called her his "bomb-proof horse," meaning she doesn't get spooked very easily. I call her his lawn-mower horse, because the entire time we were riding, she was trying to eat and had food in her mouth!


Kyler and Loradona thought the Converse in the stirrups was cool looking, and who am I to argue with that?


On the way back into camp. Left to right is me, Nicole, Daiquiri, and Jason, our fearless leader. (The horses are Cindy, Sammy, Leia, and Danny).

There was also karaoke, in which Loradona and I embraced our classic karaoke attitude: if we're going to make fools of ourselves, let's do a dang good job. The dancing and singing combo was popular with the fam, though sadly neither my husband or my mother managed to get a picture of the dancing.


Kyler playing the ukelele. I think most people are willing to claim him as part of the family now.

Now that Kyler is gone, time has slowed down... but now I don't want it to! At least he'll be home in time for my holiday and day off, even if he doesn't really celebrate it too much.

Oh, and... I signed up for the GRE. I need to study. Why did I decide to take it?

5 comments:

Amy said...

At first I was thinking... what is your holiday, when I realized that you mentioned he went home for Canada Day ;). Oh, and your husband isn't the only one difficult to persuade to blog. I've tried bribing Brian... "You can do x, but only if you blog about it." Still hasn't happened yet. I bet Kyler will beat him in blog posting first.

Anonymous said...

Yay photos! I recognized a couple of those... Did Kyler send you the others?
Gosh, I look funny singing.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and why did you sign up for the GRE? Any new plans? As for studying, I did not study at all, and I did just fine. That said, study if it makes you feel better.

Anonymous said...

Jeanette, you of all people wouldn't mind the rain! This looks like the best type of trip I can think of, trees, horses, family...how fun! I love the pictures on the horse.

Debra/Mom said...

Where is Kyler's post about Canada?
Kyler!Kyler!Kyler!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...