14 June 2009

Weddings in the rain

And here we are, hoping to bring this blog a little more into the present by talking about the day we had yesterday... not much more present than that, right?

Kyler and I left our apartment by 8 AM, because we didn't want to repeat the mistake Kyler made last time he wanted to go to a wedding in Manti: they missed the turn, ended up getting there late and missing the sealing. As a result, we got to Manti about an hour early, and got to take a few pictures around the temple and get eaten alive by mosquitoes... at least 7 bites on my legs, fun.The sealing was good. Kyler and I realized that, because of his last ill-fated Manti trip, neither of us had ever been to a sealing other than our own. It was a different experience. I think I might remember more of this one than my own. Funny how that works. After the sealing, we waited forever for the bride and groom to come out. Apparently the slow one was Jake's dad? The father of the groom is always slow, I guess.Finally, they came out. Jake hit one of this groomsman with the door. That's what groomsman are for, right?


Of course, they had to kiss for the pictures. They had to do it multiple times, too, because they didn't do it for nearly long enough. Silly Liz and Jake. Kiss longer!


We got a few pictures taken by the temple but then the clouds that had threatened for a while in the distance came to fruition. The wind was something else... all of the bridesmaids had a Marilyn moment, and Liz was convinced the veil was going to fly away.

Next was driving up to Provo and eating lovely pizza. Then, after I helped Liz back into her dress and worked on fixing her hair with another bridesmaid, we drove up to the reception center. I was put in charge of the rings, and decided for myself that Kyler and I would try and keep the happy couple hydrated, fed, happy... I went and got them chairs to sit on at one point while the line was slow. Jake commented, "It's like you've done the getting-married thing before." Yeah, that's what I was there for. That, and because there are a lot of people I hadn't seen for a while, and I love seeing friends again.
Jaehee, Liz, and me at the reception.


Liz and I. Doesn't she look pretty and happy?
Note the dark clouds on the horizon. Spoiler alert: these will come into the story again later.

Right after Liz and Jake left the reception, it started to pour. Thunder, lightning, the whole works. The reception center had windows along the wall, so we got a good view of... the complete lack a view. We couldn't see anything except dark, scary clouds and bright flashes of light really close to us. I was convinced we were going to be struck, electrocute ourselves, and die.

Eventually, we left and made it back to our apartment a little before 11 PM. What a day. But so worth it. I got to see my best friend married to a great guy, finally meet all her brothers and friends from Ohio I've been hearing about forever, and think about that great day that this wonderful manmarried me for time and all eternity. All in all, a good day.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Lizzie looks beautiful! Thanks for blogging about all this, it makes me happy to hear!

I love you and miss you dearly! Congrats on the move, the new place looks great.

Debra/Mom said...

You all look adorable! I love Liz's dress. I love those bridesmaid dresses (no ugly bridesmaid dresses for you).
And the guys (Love you Kyler), look very handsome too.
Love it, love it, love it!

Amy said...

Aww... Liz went and got married on us. You really look beautiful in your bridesmaid dress (not something you can tell someone truthfully very often).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...