16 August 2011

Vampire Baby strikes!

Our baby girl is three weeks old today! How time flies... and how much better I feel now than I did 3 weeks ago, even with nighttime feedings and diaper changes.

Calista is seriously the cutest thing ever. We call her all sorts of things that aren't actually her name (who knows when she'll recognize it) including:
Bright Eyes
Baby Girl
Turtle
Salamander
Peanut
Pumpkin
Beautiful
Melon
Doll Face
Vampire Baby

Some pictures of the last couple of weeks...

3 days old:
Tummy time with Daddy. Calista actually loves tummy time, it's kind of strange. But, hey, no complaints from us. She is trying to crawl already, although not experiencing much success - thank goodness! I don't want to have to baby-proof our place just yet!



4 days old:
Ruffle bum! We think she looks really good in this color. Plus the ruffles are just so dang cute!



1 week old:
Still very much in love with her hands, Calista nearly always has them by her face. She loves the flail them around, claw at herself, suck on them... I guess I shouldn't be surprised, since in all her ultrasounds, she had at least one hand by her face, and she was born with her hand there, too.




9 days old:
See? She's enjoying tummy time while sucking on her hands! Can life get any better than this?



2 weeks old:
After a bath, it's a naked baby! See her up on her knees? And even better, see her curly-when-wet hair?


Just hanging out with Daddy. Does she have hair like his, and will it stay that way?


After a nice meal. She is generally an excellent eater, which makes my life so much easier!



15 days old:
I just think Calista is so beautiful. I am so lucky to have her in my life.



3 weeks old (today):
A couple of pictures for Loradona, Jill, Kari, Kristina, and Rachel. I think it's accurate, since they are all absolutely beautiful women.


My mom and sister left yesterday, so now it's just me and the babe during the day. Well, at least until we move... on Saturday. After that, Kyler will be around for a couple of weeks until school begins. I'm looking forward to spending time with him.
I am not looking forward to packing all our belongings up and then driving a thousand miles with a 4-week-old. And then unpacking all our belongings, yikes!

One day at a time... and today, my baby girl is beautiful.

1 comment:

Loradona said...

I LOVE HER! Okay, now that that's out of the way, I can say that I find it amazing that the photo of her after the bath hides how angry she was during the bath! Funny girl. Even funnier is the fact that if she's upset, putting her on her tummy soothes her. I miss you guys already!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...