21 August 2011

What Dreams May Come?

So tonight we're staying in Dillon, Montana, about halfway to Raymond, on the way to our way to what will be our new home in Calgary. The next few weeks\months will be a time of turbulence and anxiety, but this blog post isn't about that. This blog post is about the dream I had last night.

We had made it to Raymond, and had set up Calista in her bassinet in my parents room. Right next to the bassinet, Suki had her dog bowl. Without warning, Calista starts being really fussy, and we can't figure out why. She cries for several minutes and we try everything, but nothing calms her down. It's then that, at one month old mind you, she stands straight up in the bassinet, walks over to the dog bowl, picks it up (which is a feat in itself. In the dream, the dog bowl is bigger than her), and says "It stinks!" and then tosses the bowl away. We are all dumbfounded.

Then I wake up, with Calista between Jeanette and I on our hotel bed, with Calista her non-talking, non-walking newborn self, and I am glad that such antics will be a long time coming.


1 comment:

Loradona said...

Hee! I love it. Wacky dreams are the bestest. I had a dream recently where a Serbian man slapped me in the face with a piece of raw chicken and my nose started to bleed. So, you know, I'm insane. Obviously.
Sooo... *awkward pause* How are things now? Are you guys enjoying Canada? Call us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...