26 November 2011

The highlights

The last month has been an eventful one for Calista, as already mentioned, and now it's official: at four months old, she can roll over, take a bath without completely melting down, smile, laugh, and make really cute/funny facial expressions! She's getting really good at going to sleep on her own, and the last couple of weeks has gone back to sleeping 6-7 hours, then 3-4 more, and then another 2-3 during the night. 


She often falls asleep on the way home from church, so we bring her in, unstrap her, and take pictures. What would you do?



Her favorite things to smile at are people. I get a lot of them, but I'm around her most. She will be amused by just about anyone, including her father (of course!), aunt Loradona and Grandma Maria via Skype, Aunt Karina and Uncle Clay, people at church, doctor's offices, grocery stores... The world is just full of funny looking people, I guess.
Laying on my bed while I get dressed.
Happy girl!
And suddenly sad?



She has really started to enjoy toys more, reaching for them and always trying to get them in her mouth.
Yes, her bum is exposed in this picture. She had a slight diaper rash, so we were airing her out. Worked well, and it makes for a cute bum in the background!
Yummy toy!



For my birthday, Kyler bought me a pair of pink Converse All Stars. Why pink, you ask?
This is why.
Calista was given a pair of pink Converse by one of my roommates, Corynne. So, obviously, I had to match!
Baby feet and adult feet! Hers are cuter, I know.



I was cleaning out the diaper bag a little while ago, trading out the backup onesies for outfits that actually fit her now that she's in 3-6 month sizes in just about everything, when I rediscovered her sunglasses, and decided to see what she'd think of them.
She wiggled until they were up out of her eyes, and then all was well.
Who needs sunglasses to actually keep the sun out of their eyes? They make a much cuter accessory.
Doing the hand jive?



In preparation for the day when Calista will start eating food, we decided to eat dinner a couple of times with her in the highchair.
The straps don't even bother me, because...
...as long as I have something to suck on, life is peachy.
Not ready to eat yet, but definitely ready to sit in the chair!



I mentioned to my mother that I didn't have mittens for Calista yet, and in the next package she sent to me, what was included but this:
It's Lampchops!
And the mittens taste good, too, apparently.
All ready to go out in the cold!




Because you can't go wrong with a baby in a towel:
I like the drool coming down from her chin. Trés Chic.



She's also getting pretty good (most of the time) at napping during the day.
 After she had been sleeping for a while, I sneaked in to check on her, make sure she was breathing, that kind of thing. She looked so cute I had to take a picture!
Which then woke her up, at least temporarily, just long enough to stretch and arch her back.



Four months old...
...today!

1 comment:

Taran said...

I smile at the pink converse. You gotta train them when they are young.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...