21 November 2011

Such the charmer

The last few days have been filled with new people and places for Calista, or at least people and places that aren't home. I went visiting teaching on Thursday, followed by a doctor's appointment for the babe, then yesterday was church (of course) and dinner at a ward member's house. All in all, rather busy and exciting for an almost 4 month old. And let me tell you... this girl
is quite the charmer.
During visiting teaching, she was fantastic, awake and alert and looking at everyone. "Oooh, her eyes are so big and bright!" Yes, I think she's figuring that out.
At the doctor's office, she sat in the waiting room hamming it up, staring and smiling and wiggling and cooing. "What a beautiful baby! She looks so alert for 3.5 months old!" (Side note: she was 25 inches long, and 13 pounds 14 ounces. Doctor said it was obvious she was healthy and that she was quite strong.)
At church during relief society, she spent the entire time cooing and smiling at the women (and children) across the aisle, and they smiled back, including the little boy six days older than she is. Is it true love? Possibly. I'm holding out judgement though until she's old enough to speak, at least.
And then at dinner... she made the women want another baby (one had a 3.5 year old, the other an almost 3 year old), and even got a compliment on smelling good. That's what happens when she lets us give her a bath...

She is going to have the entire world wrapped around her little finger... and the world will know and love it.

3 comments:

loradona said...

She is quite cute! And that expression makes me think of Frans from the Guess Who game.

Diane said...

Is her hair really long enough to get some in a little bow? That is SO adorable. You know, I never thought I'd be so crazy about head accessories until after my little girl was born...

Hesses Madhouse said...

No doubt. She's beautiful!

I'm just sitting here cracking up over your sidebar and so glad you got to "take pictures with Jesus."

Loradona, you are a kick in the pants. I knew that expression was someone's, I just couldn't put my finger on it. That YOU knew impresses me greatly!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...