18 January 2013

17, however belated

On Boxing Day (that would be the day after Christmas), Calista turned 17 months. She is enjoying be a toddler, and we are enjoying watching her learn and grow!

During her 17th month, we finished the nursery lesson manual from church... so we started over again! 
But not before snapping a picture of all the pictures she colored.

Little wigglewart is often on the move, which means getting a picture of her can be tough.
With our little Christmas tree!

She does sit still to watch youtube videos. I think Calista would watch this guy's channel all day if we let her!
But we don't. She has to have some non-screen time!

We went to a couple of Christmas parties this month, so Calista wore an appropriate party dress:
She's waving hi in this one. And, as always, the babe was quite the charmer, running around, getting into tupperware drawers (with permission), trying to steal sips of wine, and eating salmon cakes at the one for Kyler's work, and trying to keep up with all the big kids at the one for church.

She has also really discovered putting things on her head.
Like bags.
Can she see?
No, no she cannot.


The little whirling dervish, as my sister calls her, is also increasing in dexterity and stubbornness. The result is she often feeds herself her morning oatmeal and a snack of yogurt. Calista loves this.
And me? I put a placemat on the table, a bib around her neck, and a towel in her lap and then let her have at it.

She also is quite the mimic. If she sees you doing something, she wants to try to do it, too.
Even if she is no where near tall enough to reach the pull-up bar!

Calista is, as always, very deliberate. Her toys all have a place, and she will put them there if you put them in the wrong spot.
Except when she just walks away and leaves toys strewn every where. That happens, too.

There will be a whole post on Christmas (once it's done!), but a recount of her month wouldn't be complete without a little Christmas stuff.
Like trying to help her Daddy decorate the tree at Grandma's house.

Speaking of Grandma's house... the best part of it for Calista?
This little bugger! When I would tell her we were going to visit Grandma and Grandpa and stay there for a while, I'd get a blank stare. When I'd tell her we were going to see a puppy... Calista got much more excited.
Gizmo is still a puppy, so he hasn't learned to be afraid of small children.
He and Calista have a love/love/hate/hate relationship. They both absolutely adore each other, but often at different times. Gizmo will spend part of the time chasing Calista while she runs away, and the Calista will spend time chasing Gizmo while he tries to escape.
Quite fair, if you ask me.

While we were visiting Kyler's parents, we also went to a basketball tournament.
Calista's favorite part was the music.

.Happy 17 months, Baby Girl!

3 comments:

Loradona said...

I really love that last photo. Oh, and I love the video where she puts the bag over her head. It is so hilarious! I love your whirling dervish!

Loradona said...

Okay, I just watched the video five times in a row, and I can't stop laughing! When she runs into the oven is when I lose it.

Amy said...

She is getting SOO big. And I don't know what you looked like when you were a toddler, but I'm just saying I can totally see you in her. So.. I'm guessin last week may have been her first (or second) week of nursery? Hope it went well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...