17 October 2014

Grammie comes to Canada

So, I realized I never wrote about when my mom came to visit us... in August. Whoops. But we did lots of fun things, so I want to record it.

Some of the things we did with Mom were things we would be doing anyway, like going to the zoo! When we got to the zoo, I asked Mom if there were any particular animals she wanted to see. She shrugged, pointed to Calista and Craig and said, "These ones." So, we had a Calista-guided tour of the zoo.
Which, of course, included the new statues by the komodo dragons. Craig was more than happy to go along with it.
Grammie May and a couple of her grandchildren (and a rhino calf).

I also took her to the dinosaur museum, obviously.
Calista on the way there. Way cool, isn't she?
Grammie got to give Craig his first taste of chocolate pudding at our picnic.
 Do you think he approved?
 And, of course, we had friends at our picnic...
 Into the museum we go!
I love tyrannosaurus!
And so does Craig! He had a fun time crawling around a bit, too...
Although I had to keep him off the exhibits sometimes.
All the climbing on exhibits and chasing after prairie dogs is exhausting...
So our ride home was a little more quiet than the way there.


We also had been talking about taking my family to Banff since we went last year. So, we clearly had to show it off to Grammie.
We first went on one of the same hikes we did last year (I told Mom I did it 8 months pregnant, and Calista did half of it as a 2-year-old, and she said she could handle it, then.)
Calista walked the entire way by herself,
though she did have to stop for a rest now and then, But she made it to the waterfalls!
Yay, waterfalls!
We also went to the same little museum we went to last time.
Where I took Calista's picture in the same car I did last year,
and Mom and Craig had a little siesta.

We also just hung out around the house and Calgary, buying fabric, painting ugly walls, and enjoying spending time together. Mom babysat while Kyler and I went on a date for our anniversary, and she took Calista on a date, just the two of them.

(I mention this mostly because I want to include the following picture)
Mom also brought some veggies from my Dad's garden,
Craig totally approved.

Thanks, Grammie May, for coming up to visit! You are welcome any time!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...