07 October 2014

Someday

Someday Calista won't need any prompting to go to the bathroom to avoid accidents.

Someday Craig will be able to sleep (again) without being held in my arms.

Someday I will have a little bit of alone time during the day (go to the bathroom?!?!), without anyone crying or calling for me, begging to be picked up, given something to eat, changed, helped, rescued, washed, played with, trying to eat things that aren't actually food...

Yes, Calista is licking the soccer ball, Don't ask me, I'm just their mother.
But someday Calista won't let me hold her hand and request to jump over cracks. Someday she won't find my hugs and kisses to be to solution to every problem.

Someday Craig won't let me cuddle him as much as I want. Someday he won't give me that smile that says I'm his favorite person in the whole wide world.

Someday they won't want to climb on my lap and read books. Someday I will have to share them with friends, teachers, significant others, children of their own.

Someday I will look back and miss my babies. At least until I smell a poopy diaper.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...