04 October 2015

Craig Year Two Retrospective

Craig is one of the sweetest little kids I've ever known. When we took him to meet my sister over Christmas, she was worried that he'd be too active to snuggle. While, yes, he is very active and often on the move, he loves to sit in someone's lap and read or hug or just cuddle.
I love it.

He plays by himself pretty well for a 2-year-old, I think. Sometimes he will leave the room, and then I'll realize I haven't seen him in a while.
I go investigate, and he is playing trains or blocks or with the farm or something by himself, happy as can be.

Craig talks, a lot. He repeats things often, though never when you ask him to. My favorite thing (for obvious reasons) he says is, "I love you, too, Momma."

Most of the time, he will walk around with a little toy in each hand. His favorites seem to be a couple of sheep toys (like, Fisher Price), wooden trains, cars, or chunky puzzle pieces.

When he tantrums, Craig has a tendency to throw himself of the floor/ground, no matter where he is.
Pavement and carpet all the same. He lays on his tummy crying (screaming?), and resists any move to pick him up, hug him, or talk to him.
It's actually kind of funny. I usually just ignore him until he's done, and then we continue our day.

We experimented with taking the side off of his crib, which he and Calista mostly loved... a little too much.
It got to the point that they were taking two hours to fall asleep each night, mostly due to them crawling into bed together and sitting on each others face and/or pillow. So, sadly, we put the side back on the crib and all is usually quiet within 30 minutes of bedtime.
This just goes to show how different Craig and Calista are in so many little ways. Calista didn't have a temptation of an older sibling, but she also just didn't get out of bed. When she woke up for the day, she'd call out to us and we'd go into her room to find her still in her bed, as if she was in a crib. Craig definitely didn't do that...

Craig usually is a really sweet, funny kid. Sometimes he bites, hits, or throws. Sometimes he has tantrums. Sometimes I kind of want to strangle him a little... but only sometimes. Most of the time, he makes me very happy. He is my sunshine, making me happy when skies are gray.

October 2014

November 2014

December 2014

January 2015

February 2015

March 2015

April 2015

May 2015

June 2015

July 2015

August 2015

September 2015


I am so very glad you came into our lives two years ago, Craig-O.
You have learned and grown so much this last year. I am so proud and I love being your mother.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...