03 October 2016

Craig turns three!

About a week ago, Craig, my favorite middle child, turned 3. He says he's BIG now, remember?

He was a little sleepy when he woke up, and was fine opening presents,
But not as enthusiastic as he might be fully awake.
What that meant is Calista got to help him open presents.
 She didn't mind.
 And, while I'm writing this, I'm trying to decide what his favorite presents were... and I think he loves them all. So, success everybody!

Although the bugs do mean I find them in interesting places sometimes...
After opening presents and eating breakfast, we headed to the Lego Store to pick out more presents.
And to play, obviously.
Then we headed to a wave pool. I was a little anxious how Craig would do, since he doesn't always love baths and he hasn't had swim lessons (he's registered for some starting next month).
But he loved it! And, bonus, this was also Caleb's first time in a pool. He cried when he first touched the water, but he got used to it. He spent the entire time in my arms or Kyler's, eyes wide open, not smiling, but not crying, either. And then he fell asleep wrapped in his towel while I was changing his diaper in the dressing room when we were done.
Calista also loved it. We kept trying to convince her to go check out the kid's area, but she wanted to stay in the big pool, so we did. She only swallowed half the pool or so. It's a problem to smile too big in a wave pool.
But, as I mentioned with Caleb, the pool was exhausting.
After heading home to nap, we then got to play with more of Craig's birthday presents.
 Including putting together the Legos he had picked out at the Lego store. Pretty fun.
And finally, it was time for dinner and the cake.
Craig had been talking for weeks about eating carrot cake. A green carrot cake.
So, I obliged. I'm not sure he liked the pecans in it, though. Oh well. Someday I'll learn.
And someday Kyler will learn not to light the candle until we are 100% ready to go.
Kid is pretty good at blowing out the candles, though, right?

Happy birthday, Craig! I hope you got what you wished for!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...