21 November 2016

Wicked Witch Halloween

Before Halloween this year, Craig and Calista fell in love with a book from the library showcasing different pumpkin carving ideas. Naturally, this meant they picked one for us to do with our pumpkin. So, Kyler got to work.
Neither Calista nor Craig liked the pumpkin guts, so it was up to Kyler and I to clean it out. Good thing I only got one.
While we were working on that, Craig decided to take the carving knife and chew on it.
Some days, I wonder how kids ever survive. Don't worry, he's fine.
Finally, our pumpkin was finished. Carving was by Kyler, accessories made by me.
Say hello to the wicked witch!
Calista posed nicely for a picture.
Craig... did not.


Getting him to sit still, look at the camera, and smile for a picture is a monumental feat.
And so, this is what I picked as the best picture of my three skeletons. Such is life.


Over a year ago, Calista made a list of what she would be for the next several Halloweens. This last one was scheduled to be Aurora, also known as Sleeping Beauty. I smiled and said, sure, whatever you want, and moved on. Calista didn't. So, I bought her a gown and let her wear a tiny bit of lipgloss and sparkly eyeshadow, and Calista let me take pictures.
Don't prick your finger, Princess Aurora!
Whoops, too late.
And now she will sleep for 100 years... or at least until we take the next picture.
My lovely Briar Rose.


One day, while walking through the zoo, Craig told me he was going to be an owl for Halloween. No, we weren't anywhere near the owls.
So, I set to work, first browsing the internet. I found a few ideas I like and combined them to make his costume.
Hoo, hoo!
He's an owl!
I had to convince Craig to wear his costume to preschool for their Halloween party. He kept insisting he couldn't because it wasn't Halloween. I forced his shirt onto his head anyway, despite his protests.
Once we got to school and he saw everyone else in costume, Craig was more than happy to be an owl for the day.


Caleb, my poor third child, gets to wear hand-me-downs for his first Halloween. Still, he looked stinkin' adorable.
See?
And, of course, I got a picture of Caleb and Sven together.


Caleb also got to be a vital part of Kyler's costume:
He is dressed as a man-child, he said. What a punny goober.


Really, though I can't give Kyler too hard of a time for choosing a punny "costume."
After all, I dressed as a Witch Doctor, and decorated our car for the trunk-or-treat to match. Welcome to my magical surgical unit. Sterility is optional and your assistant is a bulldog when you're a witch.


All in all, it was a very successful Halloween, full of fun and costumes and candy, of course.
Group pictures might not have been as successful, though.
Someday my kids will all be old enough to pose nicely for pictures...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...