07 August 2017

Rainbow Birthday

Way back in July of last year, I promised Calista a birthday party when she turned 6. And since this is the little girl who plans out her Halloween costumes years in advance, I knew I could start making solid plans when she told me she wanted a Rainbow Party - since her favorite color is rainbow.
It's a good thing we did start planning early, since Kyler got his new job and we knew we'd have to move, possibly before her birthday. But I promised her, and so we made sure we had the party... just a month early, so we could do it in Calgary with her friends, before we moved.

Calista and her friends (Caitlyn, Sofia, Nolan, Nori, Kiko, and Craig) played with balloons,
picked out toppings for individual pizzas,
played pin-the-tail on the Rainbow Dash,
painted pictures,
and ate cake.
A rainbow cake.
Rainbow batter
Prebaking...
The outside and...

The inside!
I'm pretty proud of it.
And Calista and her friends had a fun time before she moved away.


Then, for her actual birthday, she got another cake,
presents from me and Kyler,
and to do everything she wanted for the day. Calista decided to... eat Life cereal for breakfast. Eat cheese sandwiches for lunch. Go to the spray park just across the street.
Eat pepperoni pizza and strawberries for dinner. Ride her bike...
...including some attempts without training wheels.
Not terribly exotic, but all things she loves, and she was happy.
Happy birthday, my beautiful six year old!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...