21 November 2017

At last I see the light!

Another 2017 goal I'm saying is complete, and this is probably the one I'm most excited by, and also most hesitant to post about, for fear of jinxing it all.
One of those goals for Craig was to have all poop and pee in the potty. For a long time, I couldn't see the light at the end on this tunnel. It felt more like we were in a cave, the entrance collapsed, with no light and no way out. Stubborn boy that he is, Craig told us for a while he wouldn't potty train until he was 10. Um, no. I don't think so. Then he amended it to when he was 4, which I was a little more okay with, but still scared of. Because I plan ahead, I was already thinking of when he starts kindergarten next year (!!!) and putting myself in a mild panic.
Anyway, Craig birthday came, and went, and we reminded him that he said he'd use the toilet when he was 4. It was a rough couple of days, getting him to actually SIT on the toilet, and there was lots of bribing involved - a new duplo set the first time he peed in the toilet
And Moana Legos the first time he pooped in the toilet. We spent quite a bit of money to convince this boy to do what we knew he could do.
BUT!
Do you see this picture?
Do you know what is in that box, other than Craig?
NOTHING! There is nothing else in that box. That box, that used to be full of Craig-sized diapers, is empty, and it will stay empty. I haven't used them in a month.

Craig still has some accidents, but I can see that this is in fact a tunnel, there is an exit, and we are right at it, one foot in the tunnel, and one glorious foot feeling the sunshine and fresh air. And it feels fabulous.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...