23 January 2018

Eighteen months, better late than never!

Everyone always says the middle child is neglected, and maybe that's true, but I think I probably neglect child #3 the most. Case in point: this is a blogpost about Caleb being 18 months old! Yay! ...at the beginning of December. Well, at least I'm doing it eventually...
So, yeah, this boy. He's 18 (19... 20...) months old now! And we absolutely adore him.


His hair. I know I've said it before, but it bears repeating: it's curly, guys.
The boy has dimples and curly blond hair. Be still my heart.
Caleb hasn't actually had a first haircut because I just can't bring myself to cut off those curls. Someday it'll have to happen, I know, but... today is not this day!


Of course, Caleb is reaching the age where he is talking more and more.
Favorite things to say: Momma, no, hug!, and there you go.
But uses tons of words, (wee!, go, stop, please, nana (banana), Amen, hi, bye, hello... to name a few) and mimics even more.
He said his first sentence the day Kyler went back to work after Christmas break, all two words of it: "Where's Daddy?"


Sleeping has had its ups and downs,
but the last several weeks he's slept through the night. Maybe I've finally arrived.
Maybe I will begin to have a few days when I can have seven hours (or more! Dream big!) straight of sleep.


Caleb loves to eat, and usually eats just about anything we give him.
However, he has started to throw food when he's done with it, which annoys Kyler - the man who does the majority of the sweeping - especially.


As previously mentioned, Caleb is mobile! He has learned to go up and down stairs (crawling),
learned to walk,
and now is learning to go up and down stairs
(walking, heavily assisted by the stair railing).


One of my favorite things is Caleb giving kisses. Occasionally these kisses looks more like a headbutt while making a smacking sound. Still adorable, albeit dangerous.


Caleb is starting to play a lot more, both by himself and with others.
I'll often realize I haven't seen him in a while, and find that he's playing happily by himself in the playroom.
He loves to be read to, and turn the pages of books.
Loves to play with Craig and Calista.
Caleb loves to go outside, and gets upset if people go outside without him.
Since it's winter, our outside time has been a little bit... rare.
But he still loves it, and will love it all the more come spring!
He's also discovered videos and loves especially KidsTV123.


We are definitely beginning to see his preferences and likes. Among the things Caleb likes: hats,
shoes, and playing with items in the kitchen.
Like all of our children, he also enjoys playing the piano.
It makes noise music!


He's been all over:
four National Parks, roadtrips to Idaho
and Oregon,
moving to Edmonton,
and of course tagging along to whatever activities his brother and sister have.



I simply adore this kid. I'm so grateful I've been able to get to know him the last year and a half. 
He's my buddy, especially while his brother and sister are at school.
I love his loving smile and look forward to watching him grow into an awesome kid.
And handsome, obviously.
But, uh, maybe not naked...!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...