21 June 2018

Caleb Year Two Retrospective

Yup, it's happened. My baby boy is two.
Can you believe it?

Caleb is incredibly sweet.
He loves to give hugs and kisses, but isn't really a big cuddler unless he's not feeling well.


Little man talks a lot, some of which we can actually understand.
His favorite words to say are, "Come on!" when he wants us to go somewhere, "Again!" when we've just finished reading him a book or singing him a song, and "Stop it!" when we do anything he doesn't like. Caleb is also learning to say please and thank you, but he doesn't always do it quite right. The other day he asked me for milk, and when I gave it to him, he said, "'ank oo. Oor 'elcum." (Thank you, you're welcome.) The boy stole my line!



Caleb loves his siblings, fiercely.
He'll watch for Calista's bus to come home, and as soon as he sees it, he'll start running down the street to the corner to meet her.
Sometimes I'm a little worried he'll run too fast and go into the road, so I stay close behind him.




He also loves being outside.
Doesn't matter if it's snowy
Or sunny. 
As long as he's allowed to play, he's happy.



I seriously love this age. Like his siblings before him, currently Caleb will eat just about anything,
Even rubber duck. Just kidding!
though now that he's mostly out of the high chair, he can get a little distracted at meal time and then not eat much at all.
I'm sure he'll get picky soon, but for now I'm loving it.



Loves Dinosaur Train and KidsTV123, and just about any videos or games his brother and sister are watching or playing. Sometimes gets a little upset when we turn it off
(and says, "Hey! Stop it!" in response.)



Naps and sleeps fantastically!
Yes, folks, I feel like I have mostly made it. My children usually sleep through the night!



Caleb is starting to figure out letters, shapes, and numbers, but gets them mixed up sometimes.
He's also reading to himself frequently, and sometimes points to letters and says the ABCs, though usually not correctly or in order. Ha.



He's constantly learning new things, and it's so fun to watch him discover.
Like, he discovered his belly button and would constantly pull up his shirt to see and poke it. So cute!



Being the youngest child, he has learned how to play by himself really well, but of course, also loves when I play with him.
And he does get some time of just me and him, when Craig and Calista are both at school. Sometimes that means he tags along with whatever errands I need to do. Caleb is my grocery shopping buddy, which he likes mostly because the bakery has free cookies for children.



Everything isn't always perfect. Sometimes we have days like this:
He didn't want me to take his pajamas off in the morning.
But I'm usually able to recognize that there are far more good moments than bad, and even the bad moments I'll remember with something akin to fondness someday. Because I'm awfully fond of this little boy!
Who wouldn't be?



June 2017


July 2017


August 2017


September 2017


October 2017


November 2017


December 2017


January 2018


February 2018


March 2018


April 2018



May 2018


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...