01 July 2019

Bubbles, cookies, and birthdays!

My adorable baby boy turned 3 in June, can you believe it?
A few days before his birthday, he and I were talking,
Are you going to be 3?
No, I'm Caleb.
Are you big?
No, I'm small.
Yeah, you're pretty little.
Yeah, I'm pretty cute.
He's not wrong.


The Saturday before Caleb's birthday, we celebrated as a family at the science centre. It was a lot of fun.
 Caleb enjoyed playing and climbing in the kids' area.
 He enjoyed eating lunch.
 And most of all, he liked the superhero dress-up stuff they had in the Mythbusters section.
I wasn't sure he'd ever give them back, but we were able to convince him.


When Kyler and I were discussing what cake to make Caleb, Kyler suggested a chocolate peanut butter cake, because it's tasty. I asked Caleb if he wanted to yummy chocolate cake. "No, I want a cookie cake!" And so the cookie cake idea was born.
This thing is a monster. It is 3 separate cookie cake layers.
There is more than 4 cups of chocolate chips alone.
And Caleb was pretty excited about it.
While we enjoyed it, Kyler and I realized there was no way we could eat the whole thing before it went stale, so we delivered about half of it to various friends.
So good, but so rich!


I love the age Caleb is at. He says the funniest things. Another conversation we had:
It's almost your birthday!
What!?!
Yeah!
And a present, for me?
Yeah!
A baby present for me. And a giant present for Calista.
No, that is for you. That is for Caleb.
What!?!
Yup, all those presents, just for him.
Including books, trains,
 A Lego set all his own,
And a bubble machine!
What fun!
Happy birthday, Caleb!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...