18 November 2021

Gorgons, Slayers, and Mad Scientist Monkeys, Oh My!

Happy Halloween from me and 
 
My three little pumpkins!

Carving pumpkins was more difficult than we thought it'd be because they were really thick this year! 
And Calista, in spite of breaking a knife, 
enjoyed it.
Mostly.
Scraping the seeds out was kind of fun. 
And kind of gross. But, they looked good in the end! 
Kyler did a great job interpreting Craig's drawing.  
Spoooooooky!


My favorite part of Halloween, other than the chocolate, is the costumes. I love helping the kids dress up as whatever their creative little minds think of, and this year I had a bit of work to do. 
Group pictures are always so tough on the kiddos. 
Especially when swords and snakes are involved. 
Or when the sun still hasn't risen yet. 

Caleb was a mad scientist monkey who defends his lab with a shield, but everyone thought he was just a monkey. 
A little disappointing, to be sure. 

Craig was Perseus - not Percy Jackson. 
Perseus, the slayer of the gorgon. 
As long as he looks at his shield instead of at her! 
Although they don't always need to be slaying each other.
And, of course, that leaves Calista. 

My beautiful girl, my Medusa. 
I know a parent isn't supposed to have favorites, but hers was my favorite costume this year. She loved how surprised everyone was about the snakes in her hair... but maybe not the snakes themselves after all day long at school. 
The headband got heavy. 

Halloween culminated with a Trunk or Treat in the church parking lot. Covid friendly and all that.
Caleb managed to leave the house with just socks on, so he got to ride. Good thing they didn't have to travel very far to fill up their buckets! Which they definitely got full. It took days to eat it all.

Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...