14 November 2008

Oh, you silly girl: don't you dare smile!

I don't particularly enjoy myself in my advanced cell class, and it appears my professor has noticed. Yesterday, we had a quiz over four journal articles, and he asked some specific questions: the cell line they used, for example. We couldn't just say "fetal fibroblasts," but instead had to say "IMR-90 fetal fibroblasts." I kind of chuckled, incredulously, under my breath at this answer, and he noticed the smile as out of place. "What's so funny, Jeanette? Do you know the answer?" His quick survey of the class showed that, by raise of hands, no one actually put the specific IMR-90. Crazy man. But what I learned from this is that if I appear happy or amused in this class, he'll get mad at me. Sigh.
However, I figured out that I only have 6 more days of this particular class... meaning 9 hours to sit and look unhappy.

In other news, Kyler and I are going to go to a BYU women's soccer game tomorrow... because we're now in the second round of the NCAA tournament, and it's being held here! I'm excited to go, although I need to figure out exactly where the field is...

40,000 does not equal 40,000,000, and I am an idiot. Yay!


Currently listening to The Fratelli's "Whistle for the Choir"

1 comment:

Wodin said...

Sounds like your professor is... interesting. But you can last 9 more hours, right?
Rah rah! Go Jeanettie!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...