06 November 2008

No talk of impeachment or assassintation...

When I was younger, I didn't mind discussing (or arguing) politics. I've realized, though, that arguing with people doesn't actually do any good. That being said, I have some thoughts about the current political situation.
In my opinion, the second you fill out and turn in your ballot, it no longer matters who you voted for. No matter what, only one candidate will win; everyone else will lose. This means the odds are that at least 50% of the time, you will pick the losing candidate. Regardless, whoever won is who won. There is nothing anyone can do to change that. The only thing to do is accept the who won. The president of this country may not always make the choices you would have made. However, we need to actually give Obama a chance before we condemn him. He may make a great president, and we, as a nation, should support him in that. The more divided and full of hatred we are, the worse it is for our nation. Please, move past the campaign.
And, honestly, I'd say the same thing if McCain had been elected.

1 comment:

Wodin said...

Bless you, my child, for verily, thou speakest the truth.

It's interesting, living near Eugene, because I definitely get more of the "Yay Obama!" slant than you do.

This is not to say that I don't run into people who aren't on board (I had a student telling me yesterday that he KNEW he was a t*rrorist). Basically, I run into morons on both sides.

Sigh. Why aren't we nearer each other so we can be each other's voice of reason?

I heart you, Betty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...