30 November 2008

Hips, germs, yeast: all organic substances.

I suppose I should update this, eh? I was going to do it last week, but I got distracted... and if Kyler wasn't playing warcraft, I probably wouldn't post today, either, but he is.

Last week, Kyler and I got to go see Coldplay in Salt Lake! Let me tell you, Chris Martin is the biggest nerd ever, and seeing them live just proves it. But they all put everything they have into their performance, and it is such a fun show. I highly recommend it if you're a fan and have the money to spare.

I am sick, and I blame Kyler. At the concert, Kyler said he had a sore throat, but was otherwise fine. Well, his "otherwise fine" turned into fever and chills, the worst of which being Wednesday. Then, of course, on Thanksgiving I started to get a sore throat. Stinking husband germs. I have yet to really have a fever and chills, just a headaches and stuffy nose, which is miserable, but things could be worse. I'm hoping I just have a better immune system than Kyler and it won't get any worse than this, because I don't have time to be sick this week! It's my students' final, which means I spend hours preparing them for it, I have a presentation in patho on Wednesday, and my repro final paper is due next Monday. I didn't work on homework nearly as much as I should have this long weekend because of Kyler getting sick, and then me getting sick, so I need to be better now!

I'm all over the place in my train of thought today, but here's the next piece of data on my personal agenda: I got to watch some surgeries on Tuesday. They were really interesting, and a lot more... violent than I thought they'd be. I mean, I hadn't really thought that to replace a knee or hip you'd have to remove the old one first, but that's the way it works. I wasn't allowed to touch anything, and I had to wear a heavy lead apron for the total hip replacement: they aren't so bad for a few minutes while you get an x-ray, but after an hour... they're a lot heavier. I enjoyed the surgeries, though. Very interesting.

And, finally, Thanksgiving! The most important news is that I successfully made rolls that rose correctly and baked right and everything! I can do it! Yeast doesn't completely hate me! Yay! And, Kyler and I have leftovers to last the week... maybe. Depends on how much Kyler eats, but he was feeling sick on Thanksgiving itself, so he only had one plate.

I'm tired. Soon it'll be time to take more Tylenol PM and sleep until the morning...

1 comment:

Wodin said...

Pobrecita! Are you feeling better yet? You should call me back so we can talk and not be lonely! I can't wait to seeeeeee youuuuuuu!Hearts, puppies, and fluffy bunnies,
Me

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...