18 April 2009

What's fresher, the tissue or the beer?

It's finals right now for people, not that Kyler is stressing at all. But it does feel strange to realize he has finals and I... don't. I knew this week was coming, but I'd kind of forgotten about it. Finals don't matter to me anymore... weird.

I had a couple of busy days at work, mildly amusing even at times. One such amusing moment was after we got our new liquid nitrogen (hereafter referred to as LN2) container filled. This LN2 container has little baskets we can put our samples into, and then when we have time to take them down to the freezer, we pull up the baskets, dump out the tubes, and put them away. It's sweet. But, we didn't think of the fact that the samples always float to the top of the LN2... and that was above the level of the baskets. Our samples just floated away and our now stuck in the LN2 container, just floating around. Silly samples. Okay, maybe that wasn't quite as funny to anyone else, but I was amused when it happened.
Thursday I got to go to the OR twice to collect tissue for research... very fresh tissue. Going into the OR meant I got to wear my scrubs all day, which is fun, but I had to wear those stupid masks which always make my breathing fog up my glasses, so that wasn't quite as fun.
A woman that works in the gross room told me yesterday that she drinks upwards of 360 ounces of pop in a day sometimes. Wow, seriously, wow. She also told me she brews her own beer in her basement, and it's good beer because she married an Irishman. It was an interesting conversation.

Graduation is this next week! Family of all sorts will be coming, and I'll get a day off! Yay!

Currently listening to The Killers "All These Things That I've Done." I love this song.

2 comments:

Debra/Mom said...

Floating around? Like in space, but contained? I'm not sure I understand, but I laughed out loud.
I am VERY excited to see you in 3 days and some hours. FUN!!!!!!!!
Love you.

Anonymous said...

Hee! I laughed when you trold me this. I love it.
On the sad side, I can't for the life of me figure out what it is I think I am forgetting. Gah. At least you live in civilization. I just hope I am not forgetting something vital, like shoes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...