03 May 2009

Graduation and blood.

That's right: graduation and blood. Could this blood refer to the relatives that came from various places to see me walk the walk in an ugly blue muumuu, or the blood that I process day in and day out? Either way, it exists.

So, last weekend, only four months late, I finally dressed up in an ugly robe and funny hat, listened to random people reminisce about the good ol' days of our college years, had one of my favorite professor read my name, walked across the stage (chanting in my head, don't trip! Don't trip! Don't trip!), and got my fake diploma. Quite exciting.
By far, the best part was just seeing family. My mom, dad, grandmother, sister, mother-in-law, and sister-in-law all came. It was really nice. Graduation was fine, but my favorite time was the Friday night they all came to our tiny apartment and had dinner and just hung out. So nice to see them all. I'm so thankful for all of their support.



Oh, and we totally got a digital camera! Hence the ability to post pictures! YAY!

After all the family left, things for Kyler and I went more back to normal. We've officially started packing, as of yesterday: books were the first things put into boxes. Now we have a whole pile of boxes in the computer room. As we slowly pack each week, I anticipate that room getting so full of boxes we can no longer get into our drawers or to the computer.

Work is going well, but busy. Friday I was busy all day, from the minute I got there (well, before, actually, but who's counting) until after my late lunch. Busy is good, though, it means the day goes by faster, and because I was so busy and took such a short lunch, my boss told me to go home early, which I consented to without too much argument. Why should I argue with my boss? She knows what's right...

Kyler has said he may post about an interesting incident he had a few days ago. You all should encourage him in this.

Currently listening to Kyler's raid talking in ventrilo...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vi sitten har i vente och spelar lite DoTa, eh?

And, yes, Kyler needs to post.

So, you got the apartment you wanted, yes? You need to be more specific.

Amy said...

I love Sven's graduation hat! I miss Sven. And you, too. Happy graduation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...