14 May 2009

As seen on TV! (Or, in my apartment after graduation)

And now, I proudly present to you for your viewing and gustatory pleasure, the Chicken Corn Sauté! I will list the recipe as it is in the book, but also make my comments about how Kyler and I do our own thing.
Ingredients:
  • 1 tablespoon chili powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-sized pieces (about 1 pound)
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
  • 1 cup chopped onion (Kyler and I never measure, we just use a medium sized onion or so. I like onion.)
  • 2 medium green bell peppers, cut into strips
  • 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into strips (A few things about the bell peppers: 1) Kyler and I generally only use one because it works fine. 2) If you don't like green or red peppers, kind of like me, try the orange or yellow/gold ones. They're not as contrasting in color, but they taste better in my opinion.)
  • 1 package (10 ounces) frozen whole kernel corn, thawed (Kyler and I just use a can of corn. We drain it and call it good)
  • Hot pepper sauce (optional)
Kyler and I like to eat it on rice, but that is also optional, and not mentioned in the recipe.

Directions:

  1. Combine chili powder and salt in shallow dish. Add chicken. Turn to coat. (This does not make it as spicy as it sounds like it will! It's just really good!)
  2. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken. Cook and stir until no longer pink in center. Remove to serving dish.
  3. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in skillet. Add onion. Cook and stir 2 minutes or until tender. Add bell peppers. Cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add corn. Heat thoroughly, stirring occasionally. Return chicken to skillet to reheat. Season with hot pepper sauce (and serve over rice?) if desired.
Enjoy your tasty, tasty meal! Approved by Kyler, Jeanette, Maria, Karina, Richard, Debra, Loradona, and Maurine, to name a few!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh! Thank you! Are the pictures courtesy of your delightful new digital camera?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...