25 February 2010

The Grand Adventure! Part-the-Second

Here it is, folks, the one you may or may not all be waiting for: The Rasmussens Go To the Olympics!

Kyler and I rented a car and headed to the Great White North... which wasn't particularly white. It was, however, completely gorgeous weather. We were completely loving just that aspect. I was even a little worried I'd get sunburned! We also walked all over Vancouver... by the end of the first day, both Kyler and I were sore, but we survived.

Vancouver itself was really fun. Every one and everything was about the Olympics. Random stores had huge signs,the college didn't have classes,buses supported to home country,random street performers reigned,and there really is a McDonald's at the Olympics!(A Burger King, too, to be fair)We waited in way too many lines including ones for the Russky Dom(not nearly as cool as it looks, sadly), the Olympic Superstore,and Security.
We stalked whatever random athletes we saw,got our picture taken with Mounties,and tried to guess who lived where at Olympic Village.
What do you think? Korea?The fightin' 'Roos!

This particular picture is rather fun:Want to guess where we took it?
...In a Sleep Country (Canada). We also bought an official Olympic cowbell there. Go figure.

In addition, we did actually go to a few games, a dressed to show our support.We actually had a couple of random people we didn't know (or ask) take our picture in the facepaint, one while Kyler was painting my face, and one after we were both done.

This is at Germany v. Finland, Men's Hockey. Look at all the flags!And, the final score.Suomi! Suomi! Suomi!

We also went to Switzerland v. China, Women's Hockey. Final score: 6-0, Hop Suisse! Lastly was Curling, but that was cool enough it actually will get its own post!

I like this picture. How many different affiliations can you spot?

All in all: Olympics are really, really cool. Totally worth it, but if I were to do it again, I'd have another day of just wandering around Vancouver (no events), and really do my research into where everything was that I wanted to see... and into what was actually worth standing in line for.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome. That is totally awesome, and I am totally jealous. I love you!

Debra/Mom said...

Five. Unless you count Canada twice.
USA hat, Swedish shirt, Canada jacket and mittens, Great Britain socks, and Finnish flag. Did I get them all? Is there a prize?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...