11 February 2010

Physics in real life

Because I’m that cool, I have two somewhat embarrassing and/or strange anecdotes to share with you.

The first is from Tuesday. I went to the gym at about 6 PM, and all the usual elliptical machines that I like were occupied, so I tried a different one. It was a little strange, but a fine workout, nonetheless. The foot-thingy of this strange elliptical apparently had a little more mass than my usual ones, however… something I discovered when I hopped off when the time was up, and the momentum of the machine was enough that it swung back and hit me in the ankle. Ouch. I have a nice, swollen bump and the beginnings of a bruise now, and it’s rather tender to the touch. Who knew that physics like mass, velocity, and momentum would actually matter in real life? Or come back to hit me, literally?

The second is from Tuesday night. I had a dream. See, Kyler and I had dentist appointments Wednesday, and apparently I was a little anxious about it (it is the first one I’ve had since before we got married, after all… I know, I’m a slacker). In my dream, I was flossing my teeth in preparation for the appointment, and there was something stuck behind the last of my molars that was really difficult to remove. I go to the mirror and open my mouth, and back behind my teeth is a shelf of gums (kind of like Mom’s Attic in U Haul trucks). On this shelf… it’s a veritable salad gold mine. There’s several peas, lettuce, carrots, etc, and I have no idea how long they’ve been there. I think, I have to clear that out before the dentist sees! So with my toothbrush, I reach back and swipe across the shelf, dumping its contents into my mouth. Tasty.

In other news, I leave for the airport in about 36 hours. No, I am not ready.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...