17 May 2018

Date nights

Last weekend was a busy one, particularly because both Kyler and Craig, and Calista and I, went on dates. 

It started with a date for the boys. We had two tickets to Galaxyland, so Kyler and Craig went. Craig had a ton of fun.
He's grown several inches in the last year, which means there were quite a few rides he could go on, both alone and with Kyler.
He loved the rides and begged to do the fun house twice.
Kyler thought Craig might stay in the playground all night, but he only played there for an hour or so, and then did some more rides. The boys were out pretty late (I even did my best to get Craig to nap in anticipation of the day. I was successful) but it was worth it.

While Kyler and Craig had fun, I was home with Caleb and Calista. Calista had gone to a birthday party earlier, and came home pretty tired. When she fell asleep on her own before Caleb did, however, I decided maybe she was sick.
Yup, checked her temperature and she has a fever. Uh oh! Because she and I have a date the next day, going to see Stars on Ice! I've been looking forward to going with her for a couple of months, she can't be sick now!

Nope, she was sick. And my chance at seeing Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir, Kaetlyn Osmond, Patrick Chan, Elvis Stojko, and Javier Fernandez, to name a few, seemed to be slipping through my fingers. Nooooo!
But we decided to give her a blessing. For hours, she'd had a fever hovering around 102-103. An hour after her blessing, it's down to 99. She begins to perk up. Calista begs to be allowed to go and gets dressed on her own. Against my better judgement, and mostly because I really want to go, I say that our date is back on.
And, honestly, I'm so glad I did. We had such a good time together.
Calista loved watching the skaters and dancing to their music. Her favorite to dance to I think was Patrick Chan and "Lovers in a Dangerous Time" by BNL. She was impressed by Elvis' ability to touch his toes while doing the splits in midair, and so excited to see the people she'd watched at the Olympics in person.
One of my favorites, of course, was Javier. Who doesn't love a handsome Spaniard?
Javi forever, Javi for always
Although probably the best moment for me was seeing Tessa and Scott do their "Roxanne" dance.
I am so glad she and I got to go and have a blast spending time together. I feel so blessed that she was able to feel well enough to go, and also just blessed to have her as my daughter and buddy.

Yay date nights!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...