03 May 2018

Toothless

Calista has been telling us she has a wiggly tooth for months. We mostly ignored her, because it wasn't really wiggly at all. But she persisted, and since time was on her side, eventually Calista's tooth was legitimately loose.
She wiggled and wiggled it, but hoped it would come out at school so she could get a little tooth necklace from the office to put it in. Because this is important.  Calista let Kyler and I wiggle it as well, and soon the tooth was hanging on by a thread. But she wouldn't let us pull it.
Problem was, it was starting to hurt her to eat or even talk, because the poky bottom of the tooth, the part that used to be securely in her gums and jaw, was now mostly on top, poking and hurting her gums every time it moved. Calista's gum was getting pretty inflamed, so we decided the time had come.
We put a show on for Calista. Kyler got out the pliers.
He didn't actually use them, though, because he couldn't get a good grip on her tooth. Calista was complaining it hurt, but in the end, when Kyler pulled out her tooth finally, she didn't even know it had happened until he showed it to her.
And then she was thrilled.
Calista got to put her tooth under her pillow. She asked me if I got money when I put my teeth under my pillow. I told her I did, and she replied, "Maybe the Tooth Fairy is real, then!"  Maybe, kiddo. You've got no proof otherwise!
Now we have a little Miss Toothless, with more to come (someday), I'm sure.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...