22 September 2020

Summer 2020

It's come to an end, which is both good and a little sad. But, at least we had a lot of fun this summer!
I made a list of things we wanted to do. Many of them (Cypress Hills PP, Writing-On-Stone PP, Dinosaur PP, Dinosaur Museum, Banff NP, Jasper NP) we did on our grand Tour of Alberta. Some of them were a special trip, like the Botanic Gardens and the zoo
But the rest of our list was just little ways to enjoy summer, every day. 

Outside things,
Like playing with sidewalk chalk,
Getting completely soaked
(More than once),
Climb trees,
Camp in the backyard, 
And just playing and having fun, like kids should. 

There were some more indoors things on our list, 
like reading 100 books.
But we also did things like make a non-Newtonian fluid, 
Bake together,
And play Lego.

We did some back-to-school prep that wasn't on our "fun" list but we still enjoyed, 
like haircuts, 
dentist appointments, 
and mask practice.

There was a lot of just general silliness,
like fashionista moments,
yardwork,
and attempts at headstands.

And, of course, there were lots of trips to parks.
Both close to home, 
And a bit further afield. 

I love being able to spend time with my kiddos each summer.
I know that these are memories I can't make up later.
These little people are the most important thing going on in my life, 
and I'm grateful for them and summer break.

Though... I'm exhausted by the end of summer, and ready for a break from them.
Looks like I'm not the only one.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...