07 August 2022

2022 Grand Adventure, Part 1: Raymond!

The day after school got out, we packed up the car, said goodbye to the cat, and headed down south to Raymond. We had to be there in time for Canada Day, obviously!
The kiddos were not impressed with the long drive, 
or when I told them that we'd have longer days in the car in the near future.

Still, they were happy to be in Raymond. We got into town in time to see the Smith family fireworks show. Rachel said we'd all walk to see them. Kyler and I thought that meant walk to get a decent view of them, but she meant walk all the way to where they were actually setting them off so we could hear the music, too. The journey to the fireworks was fun, hanging out with the family and being silly.
The fireworks were pretty cool, too. 
The 40 minute walk back to Rachel's at the end, though, with tired, grumpy children who needed to pee... that was less fun. The kiddos all swore they would never watch a fireworks show again. "Well, not until next year," they amended. 

On Canada Day itself, we started out at the parade (of course.)
Actually, wait, no. That's a lie. The kiddos started the day on the trampoline (before 7 AM!)  and then went to the parade. 
The kiddos said it was too bright for pictures while we waited.
We took some anyway.
And for the second year in a row, Craig was the lucky recipient of an ice cream sandwich in the parade!
Some cousins were in the parade with water guns and throwing water balloons. One of the water balloons landed on Calista's chair, unpopped, so I told her to throw it back at them, getting her cousins soaked, too. All's fair in love, war, and parades.
As always, though, the best part of Canada Day (and Raymond in general) is just spending time with family.
Caleb loved sitting with Grandpa Ken in their yard after the parade!

The day after Canada Day, I accomplished on of my most difficult goals ever:
I ran a 5k, without stopping. I had my best time ever, I managed to beat all the 10k racers, and I will never run a 5k again. Give me walking, hiking, biking, or elliptical, please. No more running. I still hate running, but I did it!

The rest of our time in Raymond was spent relaxing. We went to the library,
Played at the park,
Spent more time on the trampoline,
Attacked (and was attacked by) cousins,
Made friends with the dogs,
(Kyler and I) went to the temple,
And hung out and watched a lot of videos.
Summer vacation at its finest. 

The other major thing we did in Raymond was go to Rachel's dad's place to pet bunnies
and to borrow his canoe.
We went out to this little lake just outside of town and had a lot of fun.
Even if I did tip over a canoe (not pictured).
Not a bad beginning to our summer adventure! Next stop: Glacier National Park!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...