05 December 2008

Just watch for me on ESPN!

Apparently, I have an excellent poker face. That is what one of my students told me this week. He said he'd been watching all semester as I was asked, point blank, if this tissue or that histological name would be on the quiz/test or important to know, and I would basically always reply that it may be on the quiz. He said that he could never tell if I was saying "yes" or "no," and that he'd make a horrible TA because he'd accidentally smirk or something and give away what was on the quiz. So, the moral of this story: I should participate in the World Series of Poker!
It was the tissues final, and I spent a predictably large amount of time in that wonderful room: I realized as I left Thursday afternoon that in the last 24 hours, I'd been in that room for 14 of them. Not to shabby, eh? The class is over, though, which frees up some of my time (though diminishes my paycheck), and my students mostly did well... at least those who bothered to show up.

Now I just have another week of class and then finals. Not that anyone is counting...
BYU Alum '08 here I come!

3 comments:

Debra/Mom said...

How funny that you will be an Alumni '08, but you won't "walk" until '09.
We already got something from BYU about the BYU Alumni... It was something about insurance, and did we want to get some for you.
Love you!!!

Wodin said...

Betty! I am writing to you so you know I love you.
I love you!

Unknown said...

My TAs usually don't even try to be sneaky. They'll say "IF I WERE YOU, I WOULD CONCENTRATE ON TABLE 17B FROM YOUR BOOK, BECAUSE THERE IS A GOOD CHANCE THAT SOMETHING LIKE IT WILL SHOW UP ON YOUR TEST, WHERE YOU MIGHT HAVE TO FILL IN BLANKS. ALSO, THE ANSWER TO NUMBER 57 MIGHT BE C," and then follow that statement with a lot of winking and grunting and nodding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...